Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

196 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Child having pus discharge under foreskin. Could it be genital infection?

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hi,

My son (aged 5) has pus coming from under the foreskin of his penis. When he squeezes the area more pus came out. It is obviously an infection and he says it is a bit sore. What has really concerned me is that my daughter (age 3) currently has a boil on the lips of her vagina, so I am very concerned that they both seem to have genital infections. Is this just a coincidence or could they have passed something between them in the bath? I have been treating my daugther with anti-fungal cream which seems to be working, not sure I can put this under my son's foreskin however? Please advise, many thanks.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 26 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Transmission through bath has no scientific explanation. I feel it is mere coincidence.
For your son, it is better to alternate ANTI-BACTERIAL CREME like MUPIROCIN along with antifungals.
If there is no relief in 2 to 3 days, it is better to take medical advice.
Also he requires gentle retraction of the foreskin and regular cleaning with soap and water at showers.
Wishing them good health---
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 minutes later

Thank you so much. We just gave him a shower and he pushed back the foreskin and gave the area a good clean. He also squeezed out the pus, I hope that was ok? Just to clarify, can you confirm it is definitely ok to put antifungal / antibacterial cream on the area under the foreskin?

Many thanks.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 minutes later
welcome back.
Yes, you can.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on Circumcision

doctor1 MD

Hallo, I'm 25 year old male. I have a problem with very wrinkled glans. I'm uncircumcised. I had unprotected sex with my partner who is clean of all std's. But during sex she was on antibiotics becouse of inflammation of bladder. Does this has to anything with that? Also i noticed that my sperm throw is a lot smaller. Please if you could answer, i'm wooried sick becouse i don't know what could be causing this.

doctor1 MD

Im uncircumcised and during rough sex my frenulum broke in the condom and a ton of blood came out. it stopped bleeding 5 Minutes Later But Now My frenulum Is not attatched to the top of my penis, like it was before, will it heal or re-attatch? & how long will i have to wait to have sexual intercorse again? & If i Do will this happen again? Will i Bleed? Plz Help, im worried that mayb somethings wrong :( Thanks

doctor1 MD

Is their a true answer as in to enlarge the size of the penis? the head of the penis has been pink since my childhood is this any kindof Phimosis or not?Is getting a circumsition good or letting it just be with the foreskin good?

Age 30 - Height - 5.9 -

and when u say medical history what exactly ur lookin for

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am 44 years old, 12 stone 12 and in good health as I run twice per week and train karate for a 2 hour session each week. Over recent weeks I have found my foreskin appears to have shrunk and it no longer retracts over the head of my penis when errect. I stretch the skin most days and use KY Gel or baby oil to help but I am wooried as it does not seem to be helping. Like most men I hate going to my doc and would very much appreciate any advice...

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and prescribed a cream which took care of the bumps within 10 days. Thanks you very much for that....