Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Child having pain in the lower abdomen. On lanzol, ancool and meftal. Any suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1804 Questions
Hi Dr., My daughter is three and half year old. From last four days she has stomachache (particularly in lower abdomen)...after initial dose vomiting is stopped but pain is still persisting. Currently, giving her junior lanzol, ancool, meftal and nizonide-o... Pls suggest. Thanks
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: TRY antispasmodics and get urine stool tested Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to WWW.WWWW.WW Pain in the lower abdomen is usually related to urine or bowel infection or worms. You are already treating for worms. But you need to get her urine ( definitely ) and stool ( if she has loose stools) tested for routine and culture. If the tests show evidence of infection she might need antibiotics . Meanwhile try giving her plenty of liquids and i usually give antispasmodics like cyclopam 2ml syrup three times daily with probiotics like bifilac twice daily. Wishing your daughter good health Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor