Child having pain in the lower abdomen. On lanzol, ancool and meftal. Any suggestions?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hi Dr., My daughter is three and half year old. From last four days she has stomachache (particularly in lower abdomen)...after initial dose vomiting is stopped but pain is still persisting. Currently, giving her junior lanzol, ancool, meftal and nizonide-o... Pls suggest. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Arun 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: TRY antispasmodics and get urine stool tested Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to WWW.WWWW.WW Pain in the lower abdomen is usually related to urine or bowel infection or worms. You are already treating for worms. But you need to get her urine ( definitely ) and stool ( if she has loose stools) tested for routine and culture. If the tests show evidence of infection she might need antibiotics . Meanwhile try giving her plenty of liquids and i usually give antispasmodics like cyclopam 2ml syrup three times daily with probiotics like bifilac twice daily. Wishing your daughter good health Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D