Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Child having knock knees. Should I go to a orthopaedician?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
My daughter is 4.6 years old and has a condition called "Knock Knees". I noticed it recently when I told her to stand in attention and read about it online and heard it is completely normal for children during this age group. What would you recommend I should do now that I have noticed and read that it is a condition that can be corrected. Do you recommend that I show this to a Orthopedics specialist?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 hours later
Brief Answer: It is normal and correctable. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You heard correctly that knock knee during this age group is completely normal and correctable. In some children it persist or increases due to hereditary or metabolic bone disease. I suggest you to get your daughter examined by an orthopaedician to rule out any metabolic bone disease and to alleviate your anxiety. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child having knock knees. Should I go to a orthopaedician? 20 hours later
Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am glad that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor