Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child having itchy dark spot on scrotum. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
G'day Dr. I noticed my 6 year old son was itching his crotch area yesterday and asked him if he was ok. He said "owie" (my son is on the Autism Spectrum and is still working on his speech) and showed me his scrotum where I noticed a small dark spot. It does not appear to be a scab but has a blood blister like appearance although I don't thinks its one. I'm going to monitor it but would like to see if this is something I should seek immediate attention over? Thanks so much for any and all help. Best regards. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 25 minutes later
What you describe can be an infected lesion like abscess .
The redness can be a sign of inflammation.
It is better that you show him to a doctor because he may need antibiotics early.
Another possibility is fungal infection but usually they are not raised lesions.
Till you reach the doctor,,you can give him some anti histamine like benadryl for itching.

Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor