Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Child having high fever and started limping on one leg. Any suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1964
Answered : 246 Questions
Our daughter is 3. She ran a high fever yesterday and then started limping on one leg. When we asked her about it she says,"it keeps trying to stretch". It seems to us like it is numb or tingling and she does not know how to tell us. Any suggestions? Are there typical symptoms of getting a fever and then experiencing these types of issues?
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

It is definitely difficult to diagnose symptoms in toddlers especially when very little history about symptoms is known. This seems to be the problem here.

However considering she has fever and a limp, the most worrying is whether it is due to any infection viz osteomylitis / myositis. I think you should take her to a competent Paeditrician for thorough clinical examination, X-Ray and blood test.

I will be available for more comments if you are able to notice any new symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor