Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood work and taking healthy diet. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
my son (20 yrs old) has hair loss, cannot gain weight, fatigued, sweating unussually... he is having blood work done and has been called back and told to start taking vit. b100 and vit. d immediately and come in to see the doctor as soon as the rest of the blood work is done 9a couple of days) I am wondering what might be the issue... he eats a healthy diet, done not take drugs or drink alcohol
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible lack in vitamin D,thyroid problem could be suspected Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms your son has together with taking prescribed vitamins show the lack of such vitamins in his body. It is good that your son eats a healthy diet, does not take drugs or drink alcohol. This will help him improve his health situation. Going out (sun) and being physically active also will help. - Is it ok for you to send the blood work results of your son in once you have them? I'd really appreciate as it will helped assisting your son further. - Another explanation could be related to any endocrine (hormonal) problem (thyroid, etc.) which must be confirmed by the lab tests. Hope it answered to your inquiry! p.s. if you have other concern, do not hesitate to contact me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor