Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Child having giddiness. Which doctor should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 706 Questions
Hi Sir, My son is 4 years 4 months old. He is very active .but complains of giddiness sometimes. in this week two times he complained of giddiness for few seconds/minutes and later he said he is fine.I am worried. Please let me know whom to contact or what is the medicine for his problem..
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I have noted your complaints

The possibilities of the above complaints in a child of 4 years' of age could be

1. Seizures 2. Child hood migraine

Your son will require evaluation by a neurologist. The tests which will be helpful are electroencephalogram (EEG). Also check his haemoglobin.

Please XXXXXXX a local neurologist, preferably a paediatric neurologist. They will help you through clinical evaluation and investigations

Please get back to me if you have any concerns
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor