Owl Image

Child having fever. Not cured by medication. What could be the reason?

Pediatrician
Question
My son is 2 and a half years old. On Nov 18 he had a mild temperature and so we took him to a near by general physician who gave him calpol, sporidex and monthicope each of 250mg. The temperature has not subsided the next day and so we took him to a different hospital on Nov 19 who had suggested a blood test for malarial parasites QBC/cbc/shot/sgpt the result of which was negative, with other findings normal except haemoglobin @ 12.2 & PCV value @36 and asked us to continue the same medicine. Temperature has not subsided till now and is 101 to 101.4 and yesterday Nov 22 2012 doctor had asked to give Larigo, meftal, and monticope and if persisting he had asked us to take a widal & dengue test. We are really worried as what could be the real reason. he is not even having milk. please suggest as to what could be the actual reason?
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 17 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I appreciate your concern. I would request you to use the facility on this site to share the investigations reports and the doctors' findings. The total and differential counts will give us some information as it is not possible to examine the child through this facility.

As your son is already receiving/received the following medicines:
1. Antibiotic: Sporidex
2. Antimalarial: Lariago
I would suggest to wait and watch pending review of the investigations. Why is your son receiving Monticope (Montelukast)? Is he allergic to anything or has a history of allergy?

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to seek any clarifications that you may have or share more facts of the case so that we can help you further.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

RKK