Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Child having fever. Crocin does not help. Can I give her maftal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
My daughter,10 years,is having High fever 101.3°C . I had given her Crocin 500 approximately 3hrs back. But fever hasn't come down. Can i give her Maftal 250. It's 12.40 night right now.Please advise.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meftal 250 may not help. Give crocin.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question. I understand your concern for your child.

Meftal 250 may not help bring down the fever, instead you can give another 500 mg of crocin.

Crocin can be given at a dosage of 15 mg/kg every 6 hours.

It would help me to suggest better if you can tell me the weight of your daughter.

Another option would be to do tepid sponging, you can take tap water and dip a towel and keep wiping all over the body till the temperature comes down to normal, this is far better than giving extra medicines.

Please make sure you don't give too many medicines, a temperature of 101.3 degree is not very high, so you can wait for some more time to give her the next dose of crocin.

If the fever does not reduce after 3 days, I would request you to kindly consult her pediatrician to find the exact nature of the disease so that an appropriate treatment can be initiated.

Please do write back with the requested details so that I can help you better.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Warm regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor