Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Child having different shape for testicles. Is this normal?

Answered by
Dr. E Venkata Ramana


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 3176 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hello, my son is 3 months old. As there is no problem, but his testes turns into different shap.. Just wanted to make sure if everything is fine.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Everything is fine and this is normal finding.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the pictures you attached along with this query.

The shape of your son scrotum and testes is normal.

The testis retracts up normally hence it is seen in the upper part of scrotal sac. This is a normal phenomenon so nothing to worry.

The testes usually hang in the scrotal sac, and testes will move upward and downward because of physical stimulations around scrotum and thigh. This is a body protective phenomenon by reflex phenomenon to protect the testes from external injury.

Therefore this is normal thing in all boys so nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotum

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am an 18 year old male who had just recently had sex two days ago but i have also been at the beach all week and running around with friends. I have noticed that my scrotum has a red shiny rash on it. Should i be worried or is it just chaffing? Thank you sooo much

doctor1 MD

Had a hernia operation last Thursday. Repaired old hernia and found two more behind it. Have amesh patch. In allot of pain, black and blue and have blood in the scrotum. Should I contact my doctor immediately and go back in to see him. This is the 6th day

doctor1 MD

iam a boy aged 20 ,not even had sex with an one,but i will often masturbate,but i found small pearl like balls in my scrotum,i think its papules,i not having any pain ,but i havin itching problem on papules r very small and 8-10 in question is why iam attacked by this,??and how to prevent it?whether it s a cancer.plz ans iam a shy guy frm traditional family

doctor1 MD

Small nymph dog tick bit me on the scrotum 2days ago. Swelling, itchy kinda red, started 24 hours after bite. Today swelling is bigger with slight grape sized mass between testicles. No ring rash etc but slight fever in the swelling area. Reaction to the tick saliva?

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my testicle would be backwards (180 degrees) 90% of the time or more and I had pain every day from it....