Child having different shape for testicles. Is this normal?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hello, my son is 3 months old. As there is no problem, but his testes turns into different shap.. Just wanted to make sure if everything is fine.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Everything is fine and this is normal finding.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the pictures you attached along with this query.

The shape of your son scrotum and testes is normal.

The testis retracts up normally hence it is seen in the upper part of scrotal sac. This is a normal phenomenon so nothing to worry.

The testes usually hang in the scrotal sac, and testes will move upward and downward because of physical stimulations around scrotum and thigh. This is a body protective phenomenon by reflex phenomenon to protect the testes from external injury.

Therefore this is normal thing in all boys so nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.