Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child having defiant behaviour and miserable. Could I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 379 Questions
we have achild with what we think is odd he has all the symptoms and need help in finding the right doctor so he can be helped he is 10 yrs of age and we his family think he is miserable I know we are can you help or refer us to someone in our area whish maryland heigts or the 0000 area ?
we request your referring us to a board certified psychiatrist in our area who treats children in therapy for the symptoms of odd child adolescent psychiatry.our child has defiant behavior, he sees a dr XXXXXXX who ony medicates but does no therapy to give us tools to work with his behavior
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
please specify which city you are in.

Detailed Answer:
Its important to understand that occupational therapists and psychologists are primarily needed in such cases. Psychiatrists and Pediatrician help in decision making with level of illness. Also parents too need to attend few sessions to adjust behaviour and interactions with child.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor