Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Child having cold and kidney pain. Should I consult a doctor?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9808 Questions

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My daughter has a very bad cold, but now she's complaining of kidney pain. Do I need to take her to a doctor or the hospital?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Your 31 years old daughter had severe cold which is followed by pain in renal region. This is most likely due to UTI. But it can be confirmed only after proper examination and investigation.

Please get following investigation done
1) Routine Urine test.
2) Ultrasound scan of the abdomen
3) Complete Haemogram

This will help to come to conclusion and to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, let her drink plenty of water daily. Once you get the reports, consult an Urologist for further treatment.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to answer the same.

Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on