Child having bad pain in legs and chest. What are the further tests to be taken?

Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth

Pediatrician, Neonatology

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: My grand daughter had bad psin in legs arm hips and chest it comes and gos shed four yrs old
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: multifactorial cause Detailed Answer: Hi, In a 4 year old the cause for these vague pains may be many ! It many be due to viral infections and post Viral fevers this can happen It may be from simple vitamin or iron deficiency in an otherwise active child. It many be a reaction to a situation which she does not like!( like day care) She will need a blood test --- complete blood count and blood smear study to rule out other illnesses. Show her to a pediatrician. Good luck God bless Dr Uma