Child have swelling and redness in eye. Used ciplox-d eye drop with no improvement now putting Acular. Suggest?
This doesnt look an infection, since it has nto come in other eye yet.
Thanks for your query.
I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Opthalmology, working with an experienced Pediatric Opthalmologist. I answer on his behalf.
Based on the description, I suspect the inflammation in the eyes could probably be due to allergy. As you mention, if it was infection for sure it would have affected the other eye too.
I suggest you to try giving her a dose of anti-allergic medication like Diphenhidramine (Benadryl) Dosage. If the condition is allergic it does show some improvement. If so, then continuing the medication for three more days would cure the condition.
Hope, I answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?