Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Child have fever and suspected for ear infection. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Ear Infection Suspicion with 5year son. Result of low absorption spectrophotometry. Fever, snotty. How many days will dare to expect, should you see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, show it to a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using helath care magic for posting your query.

If the 5year child has a fever, the child has to get investigated. he needs to get a complete blood count and his ear got checked if ear infection is a suspicion. He needs to be on antibiotics preferable cefexime or amoxycilline for 5 days so that the infection gets settled.
You certainly need to see a doctor, cause ear infections can be very painful and troublesome.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor