Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Child has vomiting, nausea. WBC changing frequently, infection in throat. Antibiotics for temporary relief. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
my son age is 11 month weight 9.00 is suffering from vomitting/Nausea (whatever he eats vomitted after some time or some time instantly) & there is also have prob from last 2 per doctor the WBC count has been changing freqeuenty & there is some infection in his throat so there is some problem in sallowing food.actibitobics & some other medicine only provide temprary relief for some days.pls guide for cure of this problem.others symptoms are no weight gain from last 1.5 months ,dullness etc.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later


Thanks for posting your query.

I understand your worry about your son.

He needs a complete evaluation by a competent Paediatrician. Vomiting and nausea in infants should be considered serious. Please take care of his hydration. Give him ORS liquid orally as and when required. Continue to give mother's milk. It will help him to boost the immune status.

Changing WBCs value also indicates a probable infection and low immune status.

I strongly suggest you to get him evaluated for any underlying systemic infections.

But, do not worry; infants of his age do get these problems. He should be fine soon.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor