Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child has undescended testicle. Started teething with diarrhea and vomiting. Cure to be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
My nearly year old son is vomiting everything he eats and drinks and has dirrahea and is also teething. This is the second day now. Please advise as to cause?He has undescended testicles to which I am seeing the Doctor about on Monday?? Could this be making him poorly like this and he also went swimming before he became ill?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Diarrhea and vomiting your son has could probably be due to gastroentritis caused by infections which is very common in children who are teething.

I suggest you to give him enough rehydrating solutions like tender coconut water, ORS (Oral rehydration solutions), butter milk, fruit juices with glucose and a pinch of salt in it. This will prevent the serious complication of dehydration caused in such infections.

He may also have to be placed on antibiotics if the infection does not subside within two days.

I do not think the undescended testis has any relation with the current problem.

Swimming could have made him exposed to the source of infection which could be the water contaminated in the pools. I would consider it safe for him to play in pools for few months now as he could be vulnerable to infections owing to his present condition.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor