Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child has ulcers under foreskin, itching of penis, mouth ulcers. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10419 Questions
my son is 9years old, he has uclers under his foreskin he say they are not painful but i have notice he is itching his penis quite offen. I did take him to the walk in doctors last week and she assured me it was nothing to worry about and i was ok with this.... until my son shown me his penis tonite after he had been in the bath. My son somtimes suffers with mouth uclers.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The painless ulcers under the foreskin with itching in a 9 year old could be due to a fungal infection.
You can ask him to apply an anti fungal ointment like clotrimazole on the area after cleaning it. Adding an antiseptic ointment like neosporin will also be helpful. This should help in symptomatic relief in 4-5 days.
In case the ulcers are persistent, then consulting a dermatologist for a direct examination of the lesions will be the best way of proper diagnosis.
Ask him to use general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area. Avoid scratching the region with barefingers.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor