Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child has running nose due to weather change, given Piriton syrup. Is Nasivion safe for children?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1964
Answered : 246 Questions
Hellow Sir,

My son is 3.5 years old. He has a blocked nose/running nose from the last two days due to the changes in weather.
We are giving him piriton syrap.
Last night we tried to get Nasal drops in a Pharmacy and found one only for the age group 1 - 2 years.
Finally we bought Nasivion s Nasal Spray -10Ml (Vivimed) which doesn't mention anything about usage for kids.
Can you please let me know whether it is fine to use the same or is there any other nasal drops for age group 3 years
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 6 hours later

I am sorry to hear about your son. I think you can use Xylometazoline hydrocloride (paediatric) nose drop 3 drops in each nostril 2 to 3 times daily for 7 days. It is available over the counter as BIOTRIVIN PAED in your country. I think you should stop piriton after inquiring with your doctor about its use. I hope he will be recover soon.

Kindest regards

Dr. SKmukherjee.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor