Owl Image

Child has loose motion with bruises on buttocks. Suggestion?

Owl Image
Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician

Question
Hi Doctor,

My baby is having bowel movement suddenly while/after feeding. it is not a kind of loose motion, mix of hard and watery stools, but always while having food or after food. what can we do for this ? she has red bruises on her buttocks because of this, can we apply candid cream on that which the pediatrician has prescribed for some rashes on her.

Please reply.

Thanks

XXXXXXX
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 29 minutes later
Hello , good evening.

According to the symptoms you have mentioned, i feel that your baby might be having a simple lactose intolerance i.e transient intolerance towards lactose present in either mothers milk or cows milk.

I suggest you to get a stool routine and stool reducing substance test done and be back with the reports, analysing the reports , we can guide you properly.

For the rashes , candid ointment will not be enough.
Keep the area dry and you can apply rashfree ointment.
Kindly review with the reports.

Thank you, regards.