Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Child has immovable lump, no pain, not swollen or red, vomiting, no appetite, nosebleeds. Taking medication for reflux.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello my two year old son woke up with a bruise with a hard white lump in the middle.. Second one in the exact same spot and one on his butt as well. The lump doesnt move it feels attached and is on his last rib on left side.. No falls or injuries.Doesn't hurt to touch, not hot, not swollen or red. Has loss of appetite, vomiting, and has had two nosebleeds in the last three days.. Has reflux but on medication so with meds or not he is still the same..Had blood work CBC /diff with smear.. ptt ..and ..ers.?? came back relatively normal sending us to bite marks or puncture marks.. Please help! I'm scared
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern for these symptoms but one assuring factor is normal blood work. Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability and nosebleeds.

Other than that, he needs to get investigated for bleeding disorders, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases , leukemias for which you should consult a hematologist as advised by your doctor.

Secondly the white bump which has appeared suddenly can be due to a bacterial or viral infection. In such a case, you should get a culture done from a dermatologist and the culture samples sent for bacterial and viral serology. Then specific treatment can be decided.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor