Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child has high fever, no relief with crocin. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
Hi my daughter is 10 year old. She is having a high fever of 104 - 105. We have given her crocin but that does not seem to work on her
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 18 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The high grade fever is always a result of the running infection inside the body. This much high fever can run in either typhoid, malaria or respiratory tract infections. Such sort of infection responds only to antibiotics and antimalarial. At the time of fever you can give her paracetamol however it is recommended to take her to a pediatrician for proper evaluation.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child has high fever, no relief with crocin. What should be done? 3 minutes later
We have given her Meftal p 7.5 ml 5 hrs before and then again 30 minutes before however she vomited the medicine 15 mins back.. Can we again give her Meftal p
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 31 minutes later
No. Don't give it that much frequently as she is already vomiting due to high grade fever. Try to lower the fever with cold sponging with tap water or even you can try spirit sponging in the armpit area. After 3-4 hours you can give meftal p. Try to start antibiotic as soon as possible under the doctor's prescription to stop the progressing infection.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor