Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child has head injury, swollen, slight lump below the skin. What is the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hi my 2 year old daughter had a fall a few months ago and hit her forehead off a glass unit, it was bruised and swollen for a few days, otherwise she was fine, but I can still feel a slight lump under the skin, its not visible to see but I can feel it when I rub her forehead, it was right in between her eyebrow area
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

If your daughter did not lose consciousness when she fell down then there is nothing to worry about. This swelling can be due to underlying muscle swelling.

For the treatment of the same, apply warm compresses and give her some anti inflammatory pain killer syrup like Diclofenac or acetaminophen after consulting your doctor. Please avoid giving any medicine like aspirin on your own.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor