Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child has flexible flat foot. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
My son is 13 years old and has a flexible flat foot.
He has difficulties on various activities on his PE classes.
For example, his "mile run" is "F" grade with 12 minutes and jumps rope is another "F" with 20 out of 50.
Is there any way to let his PE teacher knows that my son is not capable of running or jumping like normal kids without a flexible flat feet?

Thanks in advance for your consulting.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

From your message, I can understand that your child's flexible flat foot is severe enough to reduce his performance in physical and sport activities.

I request you to get your son checked by a doctor (rule out other conditions, which may cause poor performance in sport activities).

You can get a certificate from the doctor that his flexible flat foot is responsible for his poor performance in sports. The same could let the PE teacher understand regarding his poor performance.

You may contact me for any query on the following URL...........

In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me .............. And I can answer your queries regarding your child online regularly.

Hope this helps.
Take care

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor