Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child has fever, crocin not helping. Should we be bothered about fever?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
One year old baby fever not subsiding with crocin drops . It is ranging from 99.5 -101.5. Please advice and can we give crocin along with cough and cold syrups or we should be only bothered about fever right now. She is also teething .

Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 minutes later
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
At this time there is the brisk change in environment causing spate of viral fevers.
Please avoid syp. of ambrodil because children have poor cough reflex and have difficulty in handling excess of secretions.
Give the child Drops Maxtra-P 6hourly, about 0.4ml at a time.
If still febrile then use addon paracetamol drops.
Improve the clothing, XXXXXXX the child a dress that covers her fully- I mean avoid shorts
Keep the nose free of secretions with help of soft hoisery cloth.

Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child has fever, crocin not helping. Should we be bothered about fever? 20 minutes later
We have just checked fever and it is 101.7 , can we repeat crocin if maxtra p is not thr and can we do cold water strips on forehead .. Last crocin dose was given at 8pm and it is 11.45pm here right now.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You can use paracetamol 10mg/kg/dose every 4hourly if required for fever.
When controlled make it 6hourly.
For strip use normal top water, cold water increases problems.
Not only forehead but thighs and abdomen should also be mopped, strip s should be taken off not left on body.
I hope she will get well soon.
Wish your kid a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor