Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child has difficulty in moving elbow, has severe pain. History of fracture on the same part. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10347 Questions
6 year old daughter broke elbow in 2011, they were able to put her in a cast to avoid surgery. She was running and fell on it again yesterday, went to ER they said no fracture on x-ray. She is still unable to move it and in extreme pain. Should we bring her into the orthopedic dr that did her last broken elbow, or continue with treating as a sprain?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Since no broken bones have been detected on an X-ray, the pain that she is having is likely to be due to a arm in a slab to relieve the pain and swelling. A direct evaluation by a specialist is recommended. She can also use a brace till then for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor