Child has a soft bump on scalp which is hard. Can it cause hair loss?
Thanks for your query on HealthCare Magic.
It could have been better if some more details like onset and duration of the problem and presence of associated symptoms were mentioned in your account. I presume that the bump on the scalp, especially on the back of head has occurred say 2 or 3 months back following a fall. Or, is there some other cause for it?
The bump on the back of the head usually rubs while changing posture during sleep and can be the reason for the loss of hair. There should not be a cause for worry in this scenario as the hair would grow back.
If the bump has been for a longer period then more details about its nature and whether it is increasing in size would be required to guide you further.
Hope this helps. Let me know if the issue is related to something other than my presumption.
Wishing you and your daughter all the best
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hard water cause hair loss
- Itchy scalp hair loss bumps and meth
- Hair loss with throbbing scalp
- Does betnovate scalp application cause hair loss
- Hair loss dent in scalp
- Does the use of hard water cause hair loss
- What are the reasons which cause hair loss
- Does scratching your scalp cause hair loss
- Suggest treatment for scalp infection causing hair loss
- Itchy scalp hair loss causes
- Lump under breast in child, bloody discharge, petechial rash on chest,...
- Child has a soft bump on scalp which is hard. Can it cause hair loss?
- Infant with hemangiomas on neck and face and mottling over half of the...
- Having itchy and sore eyelash. Feeling uncomfortable while closing eyes....
- What is scrub typhus infection? How does this affect humans and how to...
- 5 year child having fever, sore throat, swollen face, excess saliva and...
- Pubic area injury, soreness, hard, tender to touch. Could I have broken...
- Taking Penedure penicillin injection for elephant leg. Painful. Suggest...
- Child has itchy tongue. Has tree and grass allergies. Taking Zyrtec....
- Child is snoring, pauses to catch breath, tired, talking strangely...