Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child had head injury. Developed little bump but is normal. Should I worry?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
15 month old baby fell and hit his head on the hard wood floor. There is a little goose egg but it squishy on top of the bump. He is walking around eating and drinking. Do I need worry? Should I wake him up in the night to check in him?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. There is hematoma formation after injury and it takes few days to settle. This is good that he is active and eating well. I suggest you to apply cold compresses over injured area. Any trauma to head need to be monitored for at least 24 hours to rule out any internal injury. Watch for any vomiting/any abnormal movement/bleeding from ear or nose. You need not to wake him during sleep but observe him .. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question.I would be glad to help. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor