Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child had fever and loose motion, done blood test. High CRP. Is it normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
my son was getting frequent fever and we consulted a pediatrician and on the advice of CUE, blood test, we have done the tests. he has a CRP of 43
and doctor suggested fevago and admitted into the hospital. It has been second and he didn't get fever again. But he went for one loose motion. Is it normal ? Doctor now suggested to go for motion test as well. we will go for it tomorrow.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query .
Frequent fever and a high crp could most probably be suggestive of a insidious infection or a inflammatory disorder however further diagnosis needs a thorough detailed clinical history , examination and investigation .
Yes your doctor has suggested appropriately to undergo the stool routine and culture test if the child is having loose motions .
Also considering his crp is 43 which is indicative of infection or inflammation , he might require a course of antibiotics ( azithromycin or ofloxacin or cephalosporin since there is family history of penicillin allergy) depending on his clinical evaluation.
Fevago is an antipyretic ( like paracetamol ) acetaminophen which will control his fever.
Other treatment recommended in such case would be probiotics ( like enterogermina etc) and multivitamin and zinc supplements ( zinconia , becozinc etc) .
Please do not worry , such condition can be readily treated once the diagnosis is confirmed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor