Child had fever. Noticed red pin like dots in cluster on arm. What is going on?
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The red pin like dots in cluster on your daughter's arm may be due to :
1. Small capillary blood vessels rupture leading to pin point hemorrhages under the
skin- which are called 'petechiae'. The petechiae are seen in some viral fevers and
vitamine deficiencies like vitamin C.
2. Insect bites like mosquitos which cause pin point red spots below the skin.
3. Some times minimal trauma leading to mild bruising with red spots.
But physical examination by a doctor or atleast examination of the clinical photographs of the skin lesions is important to diagnose the skin condition.
If the child is otherwise healthy and active at present, no other symptoms nothing to worry and the skin lesions will fade within 2 to 3 days.
If they are persisting, or increasing in number, or the child is having any other symptoms you can consult a Pediatrician for the examination of the skin lesions and their treatment.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please feel free to get back and furnishing the pictures of the skin rash may give more insight in to the skin condition.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got paralyzed in left side. How to recover it?
- Circumcised child with tight foreskin and noticed bruise under foreskin....
- Child exposed to smoke. Will this have any effect on growth? Should I...
- Pain in arm. Not getting relief by ibuprofen. Any idea what could cause...
- Found raised brown mole on scrotum. Hurts to touch. Should I be concerned?
- Child having soft poop, developmental delay and autism. What cure should...
- Had blood drawn and swelling in arm. Applied ice. Should I be worried?
- Infant getting frequent vomit and loose motion. How to control this?
- Baby has facial swelling, redness and bruise on head. All tests normal....
- Had heat boil, ruptured with draining of pus leaving a dry black spot....