Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Child had fever. Got albumin traces, pus cell in urine. Having stomach pain while urinating. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
my daughter five years old. got high fever on January 24,2013. continued up to January 30,2013. High temperature was controlled using cold sponging and eight hour interval crocine syrup. Felt evening temperature on Feb ,2013 - administered crocine again.Temp controlled. but baby informed of stomach pain with the urge to urinate. got urine examination (routine). reports of albumin traces, and pulse cell -in large number (say more than 50 percent). problem of stomach pain while urinating continued. now I got repeated the urine test today i.e Feb 6,2013. now the pulse cell has come down to 15-20percent , traces of albumin continued, uric acid is positive. Now the problem of pain when getting the urge to urinate continued. I have not given the child any antibiotic yet. my question---- the problem is coming down or can get worse. the pain in left side of the lower part of the stomach
is sign of what. shall I opt for antibiotics or continued with the homeopathy I am giving.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in..
The cause of the high fever could be variable. But since abundant pus cells were found in the urine it appears to be due to urinary system signifies the presence of either a antomical anomaly in the urinary system or a stone disease.It is good to hear that the infection is under control.But for a 5 year old it is important that the infection should be completely eradicated.
I would suggest that you consult a surgeon and get her investigated for the aforementioned lesions. It is not good to allow a child to develop urinary tract infection.Do not rely on alternative medicine treatment.
I hope this answers your querry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child had fever. Got albumin traces, pus cell in urine. Having stomach pain while urinating. What should I do? 25 hours later
your reply is very generalized. This can by no angle be considered an expert opinion.
The answer is short and evasive.
moreover the site showed the doctors from west as on line. but the reply has come from a doctor from India. this is unethical.
to me it is bad experience.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 18 hours later
Expert opinions cannot be given on the basis of written description. It has to be correlated to clinical evaluation of the patient. Online advice is just a guideline and can never be a perfect advice. In the said case the advice given is apt and will undoubtedly serve as a guideline for further investigation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor