Child got rectal prolapse because of constipation. Prescribed duphalac, shield rectal ointment. Diet?
I am sorry that your son has developed rectal prolapse early at this age. As you noticed, constipation is the most important cause and needs to be rectified.
I am glad that you have already changed his food. The following are my suggestions:
a. Bakery food like biscuits
b. Do not give him curd
c. Milk and liquid diet is advisable most
d. Give Ripe Papaya every day to him
e. Do not give those food which can make him trouble of constipation.
In addition ayurveda has few local applicants which can be applied externally.
a. Changeri ghrit (OR)
b. Mooshak Tailam
These products are not easily available in the market. You can try at any of your ayurveda pharmacy; the pharmacist will know about these products and may help you in obtaining it.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Dr. Nikul Patel
The oil or ghrit are medicated processed with Ayurveda herbs and it works by restoration and strengthening of the muscles which are involved in prolapse.
You will have to continue for 3-4 months.
For home remedies; there is not any options which can treat perfectly.
Dr. Nikul Patel
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can you suggest a Ayurveda treatment for low blood sugar problem ?
- Pearly penile pepules under the head of penis, needs ayurvedic medicine.
- Need medication to detoxify and rejuvinate health to get better skin.
- Safe to take Candistroy(Nature's Secret) homeopathic yeast cleanse...
- Regular headaches, migraines. Permanent solution?
- Hereditary angioneurotic edema, body heat, fever. Using ayurvedic...
- Have chronic sinus problems, after surgery worsened. Took prednisolon,...
- Dry cough, gets frequent cold. Need Suggestion to boost immune system.
- Suffering from acne for 6 yr. Suggest any ayurvedic medicine
- Have a fibroid. Why do I bleed heavy first day. Treatment?