Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Child got dengue diagnosed, given crocin and lot of fluids. Complaining leg pain and upset stomach. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
Hi Doctor
My 12 yr old son got dengue diagnosed last 3 days... his fever ranged from 104 degree 3 days back to 13 and since yesterday he got 100 . Platelets feel from 319 to 250 yesterday over 3 days .. we gave him crocin, and plenty of Real mixed juice, kiwi fruit , poemgrante juice and watermelon , etc .... today he is c omplaining of pain in legs since last nite and some stomach upset...please tell me how do we treat from here? do we need to continue fluids /juices...which juices and fruits ? any medication for leg pain and stomach upset? ...please reply at earliest ...regards,XXXXX
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
good hydration and balanced diet is the key

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
What is the proof for degue, you hardly see that much platelets in dengue.
You should get tests for malaria and typhoid also. CBC, LFT and ultrasound of abdomen should also be done.
That much high fever needs hospitalisation
Crocin is okay upto 6times a day, use tepid sponging additionally for high temperatures.
Hydration is mainstay treatment, avoid commercial formulae, use homemade juices, you can use any of them according to taste of the child.
Give warm soups and balanced high protein diets.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor