Child given paracetamol and gelusil for cough and fever. Suggest the dosage

Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: Good morning dr Ihave to give morning all dz Paracetamol HP 250 (has fever sleeping now) Claviford have to start Leolin Gelusil For my 3.1year son had severe cough initially from 4days Now cough reduced after nebu Giving above syrups and also Mont n lanzoprazole at night(starts from yesterday night due to vomiting so antibiochanged and has to start today)
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer: give drugs with some time gap between two drugs. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Give paracetamol if there is fever. Lansoprazole to be given in the morning before breakfast. And the ideal time for monT is at night. And give remaining doses of antibiotic, levolin, and gelucil as per the instructions by the Pediatrician. And there should be 10 to 15 minutes time gap between each drug if more drugs has to be given. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. E Venkata Ramana 27 minutes later
Lanzoprasol n Mont given at night I'm asking about other which to give first so can avoid vomit
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: First give paracetamol, followed by Levolin. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for getting back. As there is fever, first give paracetamol. And after 15 minutes, you can give Levolin syrup. Once the child takes his feed, give Gelucil in prescribed dose. And give antibiotic 15 to 20 minutes after Gelucil. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.