Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation. Worried
Thanks for writing to healthcaremagic
From what you described I can understand that your child has been suffering from cold, cough, fever and whhezing repeatedly.
The possible causes could be infections or Early asthma.
Please do a complete investigation for your child including Chest Xray, Mantoux test and IgE levels.
If mantoux and xray are negative and IgE levels are high , probably your child has more of allergic component ( early asthma )
Do not panic , this is easily treatable
Please continue the inhalers as per your doctors advice till then.
Let me know if you need further clarification, I will help you
I thank you for your reply. We had got her chest x-ray and other tests done and the our doctor had also told us the same thing that she has asthema and after that only we started giving her inhalers. What i am worried about is her getting ill so often i.e. almost every month with high fevers. is it ok that she is getting fever so frequently? and is giving her calpol and sumo mf each time she gets fever sufficient treatment? Also is asthema the cause for her getting fever so often?
If the tests have already been done, then probably you should continue inhalers. It may take some titration of dose initially to get control.
Please consult ENT doctor to rule out tonsils and adenoids which can cause high fevers too.
calpol and Sino are ok for fever. Asthma can cause fever, but check with ENT too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child cold feet fever and cough
- Constantly constipated on adderall
- Constipated fever cough no appettite
- Have constant constipation and bloated abdomen taking laxative treatment
- Infant with viral fever cold and cough constipated advice
- Child getting fever cough and cold frequently constant constipation worried
- Severe abdominal pain bloating discomfort appendicitis burping constantly constipated
- Constant constipation stomach pain yellow diarrhea what should i do
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- 24 year old female constantly constipated
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....