Child getting anger over small things. How to overcome this problem?

Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Parenting
Question: There is a four year old who gets extremely irritable and had anger fits. I relate it to having to eat but wonder if there is a way to help him control himself. He is worse in the morning and in the late afternoon. His mother is very food conscious and doesn't want him to have juices and pasta he prefers.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. It is normal for some toddlers to get easily angry over small things. you can teach your child some constructive ways to let of steam. -Try to distract him at times when he gets irritable,indulge him in some kind of creative thing. -give him some incentives for good behavior like telling stories at bed time,taking out to play. -do not scold him this will only reinforce his irritable nature. -try to spend time with yo kid as lonliness and boredom also leads to such kind of behavior. -regarding food items give balanced diet,child can have fresh fruit juice . sometimes child can have food items of his choice as well but in small quantity. Be patient and give some time to little one. Hope I have answered your query.in case you have any further question I would be glad to help. wishing your child good health. God bless.. - -