Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child fell down. Started vomiting but behaving normally. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
My son five and half months old fell from the cot on 10th Morning. 10 mins after the fall he vomited. Took him to a doctor. Doctor advised to watch him for 48 hrs. Today exactly after 48 hrs he started vomiting. He has vomited thrice in 8 hrs time. Otherwise he is vary jolly and behaving normally. Do I need to rush him to a hospital??
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

In head injury the patient is admitted to hospital for observation for atleast 48 hours and observed for next 48 in home. The patient is observed for symptoms like detoriation in level of consciousness, persistent vomiting, fits or bleed especially from nasal cavity.

Your child as has vomitted three times in just eight hour which definitly needs medical attention so it is recommended to take him to hospital as early as possible

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor