Child fell down. Started vomiting but behaving normally. Should I consult a doctor?

Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Question: My son five and half months old fell from the cot on 10th Morning. 10 mins after the fall he vomited. Took him to a doctor. Doctor advised to watch him for 48 hrs. Today exactly after 48 hrs he started vomiting. He has vomited thrice in 8 hrs time. Otherwise he is vary jolly and behaving normally. Do I need to rush him to a hospital??
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

In head injury the patient is admitted to hospital for observation for atleast 48 hours and observed for next 48 in home. The patient is observed for symptoms like detoriation in level of consciousness, persistent vomiting, fits or bleed especially from nasal cavity.

Your child as has vomitted three times in just eight hour which definitly needs medical attention so it is recommended to take him to hospital as early as possible

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Thanks