Child fainted, dizziness. Taken multivitamin and Gatorade. Why did this happen?
She was much more energetic after, I gave her a multivitamin and gatorade to drink.
I am very worried why this happen, she had 2 slice of pizza a hour before.
She fainted before but it happen in the doctor office when he took blood for her physical.
Her doctor is closed for the weekend, why sis this happen and what should I do?
Thanks for your query.
The condition you are describing is called as syncope in medical terms.
Though it has many causes for it like anemia, heart related arrhythmia, dehydration, stroke in elderly; it is fairly common in adolescent and elderly population.
Most of the time causes for fainting in adolescent group are sudden change in position, not eating properly, dehydration, hot shower for long time.
As per your description, if your daughter had enough breakfast and fluids; cause is most likely hot showers.
During hot showers, body tries to cool down by dilating blood vessels and blood rushes away from the head down to cool the skin. This result in transient less blood supply to brain and fainting occurs for few seconds.
So need not worry.
Consult doctor if fainting occurs frequently and if it associated with blurring of vision/palpitations/numbness in extremities.
I would recommend that let your daughter have enough of breakfast and fluids. Hot shower for limited time. Do not worry.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Which is the best multivitamin to give a child
- Multivitamins for 5 year old child
- Child is sick frequently takes multivitamins reason
- Dizziness headaches taking multi-vitamins causes for symptoms
- Can keraglo forte be taken with multivitamins
- Reasons why men should take a daily multivitamin
- What is the best multivitamin to give a child
- Multivitamins for 18 month old child
- Multivitamin makes my child hyper
- Multivitamin syrup for a 15 month child
- Excessive sweating on feet & palms. Hereditary problem. Tried...
- Need medication for hair fall reduction
- RBC count outside the reference value. What is the solution?
- Have indigestion and gastric which has led to dysentery. Was diagnosed...
- Taken Rabipur vaccine. What are the chances of rabies through non-bite...
- Infant hospitalized for vomiting. On isomil. Can there be an alternative...
- Pain in the forearm after weight training. Suffering from Tennis elbow....
- Cough due to allergy. Is dust the reason? Tried inhaling steam and...
- Have hypertension, discomfort in chest. Angiography revealed double...
- Have Lichen nitidus. Prescribed with Execare, Tacroz. No relief. What...