Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Child crying due to stomach pain, stopped passing stools or urinating. Constipation. Help

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3613 Questions
My child is crying due to stomachache, last three days she was totally stop stooling /latrine, She have always some constipation problem but I feel it is almost enough, when she is scramming... please help
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Due to irregular food habits and immature digestion system, it is a common presentation for the children to have constipation.

Treating constipation in children should be by natural remedies like fibre XXXXXXX foods or castor oil.

Fibre XXXXXXX foods like oats, XXXXXXX leafy veg, apples, raw vegetables etc has to be a major part of her diet this will ensure easy bowel transit and enough water in the intestines to have a easy stool.

Also do give her a spoon of clean Medicated Castor oil available in pharmacies specially in the night for three days. Castor oil is not digested but helps as an lubricant to the food material and helps in preventing constipation.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child crying due to stomach pain, stopped passing stools or urinating. Constipation. Help 2 days later
Thanks doctor, But the problem is, she never go for XXXXXXX veg. instead of that she prefer plain rice and dal to eat. Is any other food can help to decrease constipation, please help.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can give her Psyllium Husk which comes with brand name ISOBGOL.This a spoon mixed with water or milk given in the night will help.Also do try Castor oil as I advised above.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor