Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Child complaints of pain while swallowing. Will vitamin B syrup help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
My five year old son complains of pain while swallowing food/water for last 3 days. Otherwise, he has no other symptoms of cold or fever. We have been giving him pain reducing syrup (ibuprofen+paracetamol) twice daily.

Will vitamin B syrup (Polybion) help (assuming that it could be a throat ulcer)?

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query feroze

Yes throat ulcer is a very good possibility. But please do watch out for fever.

Since he is 5 years old you could teach him how to salt water gargle as this will augment the recovery
Polybion syrup will definitely help.
Try examining for ulcers yourself with the help of a torch.
Seek professional help of the symptom doesn't subside even after 3 days.
Avoid giving the child spicy food items, make sure all the food items are warm. Too cold or too hot products will aggrevate the condition.
Also for a while avoid milk products like cheese and curd. Milk by itself is fine

I wish your son a speedy recovery
If there is any other doubt I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor