Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Child complaining pain after adenoid removal and myringotomy. Done CT scan. What does it indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1113 Questions
my daughter 51/2yrs old underwent adenoid removal & myringotomy 3months back. As white fluids started flowing & my daughter complained about pain, the Dr said the gormets reacted to her & removed the same. Still the nasal block & poor hearing started. I was advised for a CT scan. Now the CT scan results are as below: 1. INFLAMATORY SOFT TISSUE OPACITY SEEN IN THE BILATERAL ATTIC, ADITUS, MIDDLE EAR CANAL, HYPOTYMPONUM AND BILATERAL ANTRUM S/O BILATERAL OTOMASTOIDITIS 2. Mild mucosal thickening of left maxillary both frontal and sphenoid sinus 3. Paradoxical curvature of left middle turbunate 4. enlarged adenoids. What should I do now? I am very much concerend
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reduced the adenoid size Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and CT scan findings. It suggests that your daughter suffering from the enlarged adenoids after removal of it. Why this condition occurs only after 3 months of surgery? It may be either residual or recurrence. For this consult your surgeon for better explanation. For better hearing, it is absolute necessary to reduce the size of the adenoid either by conservative management or again surgery. For better opinion consult your doctor. At this age ear surgery and nasal surgery are not recommended. For nasal blockage and sinusitis your daughter goes for conservative management such as---> 1. Steam inhalation five times a day. 2. Nasal decongestant and systemic decongestant. 3. Nasal steroid. Hope this answers your query. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor