Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Child complained about an episode of dizziness, eyes being crossed. Help?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
Hi my 3 year old granddaughter today was complaining that she was dizzy and her eyes were crossed. This lasted maybe 2 or 3 mins. Concerned about this. Her father said she did it the other day too. So what should I tell her to do?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
You should take her to neurologist because it can be sign of epilepsy. This is just one possiblity, but I think you should rule this out first. If nothing is found she needs ophtalmologic works up becasue some eyes disorders such as strabismus start in her age. Also, it can be nothing and sometimes simple flu or respiratory infection leads to dizzines and eyes crossing. All in all,visit pediatrican first and ask him for neurologist examination.Then follow his recommendation. Till that watch for signs of fever, dehydration,seizures or enterocolitis and if you notice any of these report this to doctor.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor