Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Child born with raised birth mark on hip. Will this disappear or fade away?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 822 Questions
My daughter is 10 weeks old. She was born with a birth XXXXXXX on her upper right hip. The birth XXXXXXX is a little elevated. It has a diameter ranging from 1.5 cm to 2 cm (picture attached). What kind of birth XXXXXXX is this? Is this birth XXXXXXX ever going to disappear or fade? What size will the birth XXXXXXX be when our daughter is an adult? Can a plastic surgeon correct this problem? When could it be done? What results could be expected?
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I can feel your concerns, these birth marks are actually mangloian spots which a very benign .

They usually subside till one to 2 years of age. in very few cases adults have these marks of 1 cm in size.

They will definitely fade away and no need to worry or consult surgeon for this .

You just be a vigilant observer and that s it. Noting special is done for this XXXXXXX

Hope It will help , If you have any other query I would be honored to reply.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor