Child behaving weird after taking vyanse. Doctor reduced the dosage. How will I know this dose is working?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: my son has been taking vyanse 50MG and he started acting weird so they backed him off to 30MG when will I know this dose is working? ( he's age 7)
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer: 1 week is that usual time Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone though your question and I can understand what you are going through. Vyanase is a stimulant medicatio having lesdexamphitamine. It is used for ADHD and is a good drug. Response should become apparant in 1 week of its use. If there is a good response then the dosage needs to be hiked gradually. Gradual increase in dose may not harm your son. Methylphenidate is another drug which can be used if your son is not tolerating vyanase. Hope I am able to help you with your concerns. If you have any further queries i will be more than glad to help you. If not you can close the discussion. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E