Child accidently drank fabric conditioner. What is the first aid and side effects, advise?
Ingestion of Fabric conditioner is not common. I hope that your Kid has consumed only a negligible quantity of it. Fabric conditioner contains a number of chemicals namely dihydrogenated tallow dimethyl ammonium chloride or polydimethylsiloxane etc. and emulsifiers.
There is no first aid which can be given at your level in home. The best treatment will be to remove as much of conditioner from stomach through gastric lavage, which can be done only in Hospital by experts.
Your kid may require symptomatic treatment also as per symptoms developed. In my opinion you should consult a Pediatrician and get him admitted for wait & watch and for treatment required on the basis of symptoms.
Wish your kid good health,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- First aid for newly born child
- Whats the first aid motion sickness
- What first aid should be given for snake bites
- What first aid item induces vomiting
- What are the essentials of home first aid kit
- Mercury swallowed what first aid to give
- If stomach inflated what todo according to first aid
- What is the first aid for ring guard itch
- First aid child has swallowed coin
- First aid of cerebrovascular accident
- Child accidently drank fabric conditioner. What is the first aid and...
- Enlarged liver, drinking alcohol daily. Frequent consumption of...
- Child drinking a lot and urinating a lot, sticky, bed wetting
- Tonsils and frequent bouts of strep throat, sinus. Feeling dizzy, weak,...
- Consistent high BP. Should it be of concern, advise?
- Had green laser TURP surgery. Constipated, no bowel movement. Any...
- Throwing up for the past few hours, feeling cold. Feels its due to bad...
- 27 year old, PCOS, less brown bleeding. Worried ?
- Diarrhea, noticed rice like bits in stools. Are they worms, advise?
- How to increase the height?