question-icon

Chickoo seed ia tuck in my thorat it is irrirating

Posted on Sun, 27 Jan 2019
Question: Chickoo seed ia tuck in my thorat it is irrirating me.. I drank a lot of water but it is still not going please help
Answered by Dr. Prasad (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Try gargling...

Detailed Answer:

Occasionally solid substance including seeds when swallowed may cause traumatic inflammation behind the throat leading to irritation / foreign body presence. Those symptoms would ease with gargling.

As long as the seeds don't enter breathing pipe, there is no real concern. Try saline water gargles and see if you feel better. In case symptoms persists, consider visiting an ENT doctor who can examine the throat for presence of seeds and extract it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad