Chest xray showed mild apical disease with vague density and a square density. Worrisome

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: had a chest xray showed mild apical disease with vague density and a square density about 1.1cm over right lower lobe which might be calcification should i worry about this, they dont see an suspiciours lung infiltrates
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 43 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The chest Xray findings are suggestive of old healed lesions of either Tuberculosis infection or a histoplasmosis lesion.
There is no infiltrate so there is probability that you do not have active disease now.
Just for the sake of extra precautions you should have three samples of sputum on separate days.
Whenever you can raise sputum get it tested for tuberculosis that is get a ZN staining and culture for AFB.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!