Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Chest x-ray showed evidence of fibrotic scarring with few parenchymal calcification. Looking for remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Dear Sir,
I have an job offer from middle east but when done chest x-ray its showing that there is evidence o fibrotic scarring with few parenchymal calcification and plueral thickening else everything is seem to be normal.request ur kind help for treament as have never had a history of TB and phneumonia ANY REMEDY TO SCAR FROM CHEST XRAY OR M I B ABLE GET THE JOB IN MIDDLE EAST
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 20 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

I am sorry, but the treatment options for lung fibrosis or calcification are very limited. There is no evidence that any medications can significantly help this condition. Lung transplantation is the only therapeutic option available in severe cases. Corticosteroids have been tried to slow down the process of fibrosis.

A primary TB infection can go unnoticed and is only detected when x-ray is done for some other reason.

I am unsure if this is going to be a hindrance for your job in the Middle East.

Hope this answers your question. Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor