Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Chest tightness, pain, shortness of breath, dizziness upon exertion. Does he need immediate attention?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
My husband (54) went to the emergency room on Friday, had cardio XXXXXXX showed no blockage. Symptoms include tightness in the chest, some pain (achy), shortness of breath, dizzy upon exertion. Doctor said he will see him in 2 weeks to determine problem and gave him nitro spray for pain if he needs it. Should he go to a different emergency room?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified interventional cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
If I were to summarize the situation: Fifty year old gentleman complains of some aches and tightness in chest not associated with shortness of breath (does not become out of breath) when pain is there. A recent coronary angiography did not reveal any significant lesion. His cholesterol is normal.
He is non diabetic. Not a known smoker (CORRECT ME WHERE I AM WRONG)
After coronary angiography for pain the treating doctor prescribed nitroglycerine spray. Now my question, what happens to his symptoms by use of this spray that would the doctor suspected coronary spasm as the cause of his pain. Or he never used the spray. Apparently, he is getting symptoms, you are entitled for second opinion but get the CD of previous coronary angiography transferred by internet to the new doctor and whether you want to show in ER or to another sub specialist - Cardiologist. In the interim if you have any question for me I shall be only to glad to answer it the soonest. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor