Chest pain. EKG showed normal sinus rythum and non specific t wave abnormality. What's wrong?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi I m a 30 years old female and around 2 years back I got d first panic attack with chest discomfort where I did my ekg ans it showed sinus tachycardia n doctor told that it is Normal.To rule out any heart disease I consulted d cardiologist who advised me to go for stress test ecg n 2d echo.all these came up normal n he told dat my chest pain or discomfort is non cardiac.over d last two years I sometimes suffered strong pain in a line from shoulder towards chest n I was having back ache from d last 6 to 7 years....so I consulted for muscular pain n he said dat it's due to my sitting posture (in front of the computer d entire day for my job)...yesterday I again suffered chest discomfort after hearing some bad news n I went to d hospital for ecg within 10 minutes....I took tea before n also B complex capsule...den the ekg showed normal sinus rythum n also non specific t wave abnormality...cud u pls let me know is it dat I have developed some problem with my heart..also my Qt corrected is 442ms n heart rate of 95bmp..IN my earlier ecg reports QTc was 425 n once it was 396...pls suggest what should I do...also I do a regular walk treadmill n never experience pain during the exercise or yoga.one more thing I was identified with vitamin d3 deficiency n I used to take calcirol infrequently over the last two years. ..my levels increased from 0 to 15 (checked around a year back
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Normal Stress ECG and ECHO practically exclude heart disease. You are very young and that you can do treadmill regularly is itself very reassuring. Your symptoms really have nothing to do with heart disease and are obviously due to anxiety and posture.

QT is influenced by heart rate, electrolytes, drugs and so on. It does not cause pain but may at times contribute to rhythm changes. You need to do nothing except follow up

Vitamin D deficiency is fairly common – nothing to worry. Continue the replacement.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 hours later
Thanks for the answer but cud u pls let me know
1)what is non specific t wave abnormality....technician over Der was telling me that my ecg is normal n dis gets printed by default on almost all ecg...is dis true...
2) regarding follow up: pls let me know the frequency of the tests:2d echo,stress test, ecg and any other test. ..
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 5 hours later
Hi

T wave changes that are not associated with other ECG changes are usually called non-specific – asymmetrical, not associated with ST segment changes or Ventricular hypertrophy and so on. They can be from changes in electrolytes, conduction pathways and so on - but most commonly, there is nothing wrong and is often seen in some normal people.

If you have any symptom, see as soon as possible.
Otherwise, one year is a reasonable time.

All the best